Normally, I love the rain but even a diehard nature loving, optimistic, romantic has their limits.
The Great Southeast has been pummelled lately, and quite frankly, I think I can speak for everyone and say we’ve had enough.
Everything feels damp. The sky is dull. Mud keeps getting tracked through the house. Tempers are frayed with too much ‘inside’ time (and that’s just us parents!). The dogs won’t pee outside lest their little puds get wet and muddy, which means lots of *beeped out* cries from unsuspecting family members who unwittingly step in a warm puddle.
Ah, yes. I am quite ready for the sun to come out, thank you very much.
But, because I do always try to look on the bright side, here are ten FANTASTIC things about unending rain:
- Drying clothes via the dryer becomes a necessity rather than a luxury ie I save time by not having to hang the clothes out PLUS they don’t need ironing. Double bonus.
- My newly fertilized veggie patches are getting a nice soaking.
- The grass is growing. (This might be a downside for those who have to mow it, but for me, I like seeing the lush green carpet outside.)
- Catching up on blog reading.
- Sunday morning sleep-ins are nice and cosy.
- Copious amounts of hot tea and coffee are pretty much obligatory in this weather.
- Children get creative and make ‘stuff’.
- Games get dusted off and played.
- Blog posts get written 🙂
- Books get read. (and snacks are allowed to be eaten in the lounge room!)
This was surprisingly hard…I thought once I started I would get on a roll and be fine. I couldn’t get past number two for about half an hour.
What’s your favourite thing about the rain? I clearly need some help!