I’m not usually into the round of blogging awards that do the circuits but this one piqued my interest because the nominator gets to ask their own questions (I like asking questions!) and also that the questions Ambition in the City asked were a little more thought provoking than the usual ‘what’s your favourite colour’ type that are typical of this blogging game.
So. These are the questions and my answers 🙂
1. What goals have you accomplished so far this year? One goal was to go overseas to see the work of Destiny Rescue – tick!
2. What do you think is your best quality? I left this one til last…and I still am having trouble answering! Okay, maybe my love of fun. I know how to liven up a party, and start a conversation. I love finding out unusual things about people so tend to ask questions that are a bit different, which spark some fantastic conversations. People fascinate me!
3. What was the last compliment you received and what was the last one you paid to someone? The last compliment I received was from my husband telling me I am beautiful before my eyes were even open this morning 🙂 And the last one I gave was to my husband telling him he looked hot before we went out today 🙂
4. What are you looking forward to during the rest of 2013? I’m looking forward to getting the word count up on my novel. And Christmas. I love Christmas!
5. Do you have a favorite, Kind of “lift-me-up-quote”? I love so many of Teddy Roosevelt’s quotes but this is one of the ones I think of most often.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure… than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
6. What inspired you to start blogging? I started blogging because there were friends who wanted to read my monthly column but lived outside our publications distribution areas. That, and the fact that I wanted ‘writing’ practice!
7. What is creativity for you? Creativity is anything that expresses me. It could be baking a cake, painting, drawing or writing. I used to dance. Dance is a wonderful expression of creativity and who we are. My main creativity right now is writing.
8. What about yourself do you want to improve? Oh my stars. So many, many things! Probably top of the list is time management and discipline. I get distracted by other things far too often and need to learn to stay on track with my goals. There’s heaps of others but that’s the big one I’m working on right now.
9. What’s the one thing you can’t live without? Well, my fabulous family and friends of course 🙂 But materially, I would have to say music and books. I simply cannot do life without a good book by my side.
10. What’s your favorite way to relax? Relaxing for me is having friends or family at our house, putting on some good food and chatting over a lovely glass or two of wine.
And now to nominate some wonderful bloggers and give them their questions:
You’re supposed to nominate ten but, you know me, I’m not a stickler for rules 😉
And their questions are:
1. Best decision you ever made.
2. Worst decision you ever made.
3. Your greatest weakness.
4. Your greatest strength.
5. Most influential person you’ve had in your life.
6. Most influential person you’ve never met.
7. Your greatest passion (and you can’t say your spouse – that’s given!)
8. Best purchase you ever made.
9. Worst purchase you ever made.
10. What does success look like to you?